The Aims of Wild 101
- To be an enjoyable time in the outdoors with a focus on learning and practicing traditional bush skills.
- To increase our knowledge of the natural world and our natural awareness through games and activities.
- To practice skills in a variety of situations – as a group, small teams and solo – and in a variety of locations.
- To be safe, supportive and work as a team.
- To challenge ourselves, explore our limits and embrace new experiences.
Typical activities you might experience at Wild 101
(please let us know if there is something you are particularly keen to try!)
Fire by friction / Natural shelters / Making rope / Bush Food / Finding Water / Navigation / Stars / Art of Camouflage / Being Still / Balance / Tracking / Wildlife Observation / Ochre Painting / Basket making / Awareness Games and Activities / Bush Crafts / Songs / Guided bush walking/ Stories.
A night activity will run on Friday and Saturday night.
You will be camping on a bushland private property adjacent to Black Bulga Conservation Area: a part of the National Park that forms the World Heritage Barrington Tops.
Natural Shelter Accommodation options
|1 person debris shelter: very warm!||5 person “luxury shelter”||2-3 person bark shelter|
Some of the facilities at Monkerai
|Natural shelters available for overnight accommodation||Private outdoor hot ‘bucket bath’||Clean, private, composting toilets|
Other courses you might be interested in: